I've made it a goal to reconnect with myself, learn to relax more, focus on myself and take time out.
For me taking time out is turning off my phone, and all devices and just sitting back and reading a book or taking a Lush bath. I find that as a society we're always ~wired on, and as a self confessed social media addict, I find I spend a lot of time seeing how everyone else is living their lives and forgetting to focus on my own.
Right now I'm just trying to figure out who I am, what I want from life, do I want to continue with my studies, do I want to move abroad? All those lovely things that come with being in your 20s I spose.
My 2016 Goals are :
1. Listen to music more. Yes, more. Music has this way of transporting you into another world, pop your earphones in and close out the world.
Sometimes I just sit back and listen to various playlists on Spotify. Right now I'm loving Selena Gomez's new album 'Revival'. I'm surprised by how much I love it, my favourite track from the album is definitely 'Good for You'. I'm also still pretty much obsessed with Halsey 'Badlands', there isn't one bad song on the album, they're all perfection. I'm still pretty bummed that she isn't coming to Ireland on tour. I've been keeping my fingers firmly crossed that this will change tho. A recent discovery this month is the girlband Hinds. I've been listening to them on Spotify for the last few days and they have a really interesting sound. They also have incredible personal style.
2. Start Yoga - I've started doing 40mins of Yoga a day. I honestly didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I am. I originally started with a 20mins video by Adriene from 'Yoga With Adriene' on youtube but switched to the 40mins beginner one as I found the 20mins just went so fast. I find doing Yoga allows me to get out of my head for a while and focus on being there in the moment.
3. Blog more - in the last couple of months I've really neglected my blog. I didn't mean to, but in the grand scheme of things it just fell to the side. For 2016 I want to blog more regularly and maybe attend more blog events.
4. Travel more - even if it's just in Ireland. I was in Penneys the other day and this woman made a comment about how crazy she thought it was that some Polish people had never been to Auschwitz and it made me think about all the places in Ireland that I haven't been to yet people travel from all over the world to see them.
5. Focus on myself, for myself, by myself.
It's crazy to think 2015 went so fast, and as much as I want 2016 to be fun and exciting, I think, at the end of the day, I just want it to be full of good memories with my friends and family. Do any of you guys have goals or ambitions for 2016?