Reading - I didn't read a whole lot during February. For whatever reason, anytime I went to pick up my Kindle it was dead and by the time it was charged I just wasn't in the mood anymore. I'm trying to finish off 'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed, I really enjoyed the movie and I'm liking the book too. Not as much as the movie but had I read the book before the movie I'd probably feel different.
My friend Celine (who happens to have a book series coming up on her blog here) recommended I give Stephen Kings 'The Stand' a read after we both fangirled over the movie 'Contagion' in work one day. Evidently, we're both into end of the world ~flu stories because they have an actual chance of happening. I'm only a tiny bit into it but I'm already loving it. The internet tells me Matthew McConaughey is tipped to star in the film adaption. I am all about that.
Watching - I watched a lot of TV last month. Re-watched two seasons of 'Grey's Anatomy', finished the last season of 'House' and powered through 'Mad Men'. I didn't think I'd like 'Mad Men' as much as I am. Don Draper. I'm just loving that whole back story and everything it brings with. 'Mad Men' will be on hold for March as I binge watch 'House of Cards' season four. I'm so excited to have Frank Underwood back on my screen.
Movie wise, this month I absolutely loved 'Deadpool'. It was just so chill and funny. Ryan Reynolds was perfect. I've seen the end a couple hundred times and it just doesn't get old. I also really liked 'How To Be Single'. I'm not a Rebel Wilson fan (she's the same character in every movie) and I'm not too pushed about Dakota Johnson either but it seemed like a light hearted movie to go see with yo gals. We had the whole screen to ourselves and we had a good laugh. It was surprisingly funny and left me feeling nothing but nostalgic for NYC. I also watched 'Zoolander' for the first time and it was so deliciously tacky that I hate myself for having not watched it sooner.
In a complete turn of unexpected events, I have been loving//obsessing over Zayn 'Pillowtalk'. I wasn't prepared for how much I was going to love it. I feel like he just hit us with it. I just wasn't ready.
If you want to see what other songs I've been listening to, check out my Spotify playlist on the left
Needing - Studio lights. I'm thinking about venturing into the whole world of Youtube and I want to do it right from the get go, so I've been eyeing up lights on Amazon. I just need a ridiculous amount of money first.
Hating - Psoriasis. I'll stop harping on.....eventually.
Loving - i've been loving the simpler things these last few weeks
- Curly hair. Who would have thought I'd become a curly hair fanatic. I used to be all about straight hair, but it's a bit harder to manage than curly hair.
- Bubblemint chewing gum. If you haven't tried it, ya need to.
- Watermelon smoothies. More like a juice than anything else cause I basically just blend watermelon. But it's so tasty.
- Instagram - I'll never not be obsessed with Instagram. I spend a little too much time ~perfecting it, but sure it's all fun and games really (JesskaDenise).
- Friends - spending more time with friends and drinking coffee and shopping and making holiday plans. I love my girls. I love that me and my bestie currently have matching gel nails and ridiculously hilarious slogan jumpers from H&M. I love them.