I've subscribed to various boxes over the years (Glossybox and My Little Box) so this isn't my first foray into the monthly beauty box world. I love the idea behind monthly beauty box subscriptions, you pay a reasonable amount of money (£10 & £2.95p+p) and you receive 4 or 5 small products that you would never have tried had you not been subbed to the box. Sometimes they can be a bit hit and miss, which is disappointing considering you are technically paying to be semi-disappointed, but it's all a bit of fun and Birchbox is a pink surprise every month, I was so happy when it arrived during the week, I wasn't expecting it to arrive in a pink box. It's so delightfully girly. I also loved how the outer case was dotted in shamrocks in celebration of it being the first box delivered to Ireland. It was such a nice touch.
Each month Birchbox comes with a theme, and this months was no different. ‘Shine Bright Like a Diamond’ was the message behind this months box and all the products featured were chosen with the intentions of adding a little bit of sparkle to your every day life.
There was five products in the box and in typical beauty box fashion, I’ve actually only ever heard of one of them.
- Spectrum Collection Tapered Powder Brush - I personally think you can never have too many make up brushes and I love how cute this one is. The pink handle is adorable and because the brush is slightly pointed, I’ve been using it to counter and it’s perfect.
- LOC Shadow Stick in Perfect Cents - LOC is actually Birchbox own make up line and upon first inspection of the box I thought this was a lip pencil. Think NARS. But it’s a shadow stick. The shade I got is quite shimmery and bordering on a coppery gold? I think it would look perfect paired with some shadows from the first naked palette. I’ve only applied it to my hand, but it’s a nice creamy consistency and seems to blend quite easily. Not something I would have ever purchased for myself but I like the idea behind a shadow stick and I’m eager to try this.
- Ole Henriksen Serum - I think this may be my favourite product in the box. I’ve been wanting to pick up a face serum for the longest time now (all those skincare routines on YouTube have me convinced I need one) and didn’t know which one to go for. They tend to be pretty expensive, the full size version of this retails at 47£, so I didn’t want to splash out and yano - live to regret the splurge. This smells pretty rank tbh. Like fanta, but I suppose it’s all that Vitamin C. I’ll get back to you on this.
- Ayres Body Butter - this little tub of body butter smells incredible. Jasmine is my favourite scent so this was bound to be a winner. I actually can’t use this body butter right now due to my skin being covered in psoriasis, but hopefully I can use it soon.
- The Balm Blush/Shadow - the one product I’ve actually heard of before. I’ve actually never bought anything for myself from The Balm, but I have for friends before and they loved it. The colour of this really pretty, it’s like a natural pinky shade and I’m most looking forward to using it as an eyeshadow. I think it will look lovely paired with my Chanel eyeshadow which is a lovely dusky pink so I can see them complimenting each other well.
What do you guys think? Will you be subbing?
(*Although I was sent this box to review, this has not impacted my opinion of Birchbox in the slightest. When I was asked if I would like to receive a box I was a little worried that I might hate everything in the box because beauty boxes can be hit or miss but honestly, I would use everything in this months Birchbox. With the exception of the Body Butter because psoriasis.)