Potential makeup mishaps aside, here are my favourite statement lip colours.
107 is a deep berry shade with red undertones and despite it's matte finish, it doesn't last very long throughout the day. It transfers quite easily and out of all my statement lipsticks, it is an absolute pain for getting glued to the front of my teeth. I also find, the more you apply throughout the day (which you need to cause it wears off so easily) the grosser it looks. It builds up on your lips and makes them look quite cakey and certain patches look darker than others. That being said, I'm a sucker for the color of this lippie and that outweighs all the bads for me. I'm pretty obsessed with Kate Moss 107, and it is VERY pigmented. It's cheap as chips so I'm not expecting MAC quality here.
Sugar Plum Fairy was my first purchase from Wet 'n' Wild when it launched in Ireland last year and I adored this shade so much that I bought two. Yeh two, which I've actually made my way through so yanoo, good stuff there. 'Sugar Plum Fairy' stays true to it's name, it's a deep plum shade with blue undertones which looks really flattering against pale skin. I love the finish of this, it's like a matte but it's more creamy and just looks really nice on your lips. It's also pretty long lasting in comparison to the Kate Moss one but still a little awkward to apply.
I think that's kind of a given with these daring lipsticks isn't it? I just want an easy lip linerless life though.
- Seventeen Lip Lustre in the shade 'Wild One'.
- Wet 'n' Wild Megaslick in the shade 'Lady and The Vamp'.
- Revlon lip butter in the shade 'Lollipop' - full review here.
- Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in the shade 'Olé Flamingo' - full review here.
I'm not going to rebore you with the ins and outs of 'Lollipop' because I've done a review on it before but I really like this because it's easy to apply, it's heavily pigmented, it doesn't dry out my lips and it's just a great all rounder. Definitely recommend if you're looking for something to wear to college or out to lunch with the girls.
From L-R (I think these are right)
- Seventeen Lustre in 'Wild One'.
- Bourjois Rouge Edition in 'Olé Flamingo'.
- Wet 'n' Wild Megaslick in 'Lady and the vamp'.
- Revlon lip butter in 'Lollipop'.
- Maybelline Babylips in 'Cherry Me'.
- Kate Moss for Rimmel in '107'.
- Seventeen Stay Pout in 'Its Complicated'.
- Wet 'n' Wild in 'Sugar Plum Fairy'.
Do you have a favourite lip product? Comment below with your fave and I'll probably buy it because I have a lipstick problem.